20 January, 2015
Channel management is the ‘online gate’ to booking websites like Booking.com, Expedia or HRS. After creating an account with a channel manager company, you will create the rooms and rate plans to be offered to the online booking websites.
What is channel management? Google offers a business definition of the concept, meanwhile a more specific meaning of the term, focused on the hospitality industry, is provided by all channel manager providers.
Opening an ‘online gate’ with a channel manager provider, grants you the privilege to gain more online presence by being present not just in booking.com but on as many website as you want. Why not concentrating on the German market with HRS.com, Hotel.de or Feratel? The US and UK market can be reached through Expedia, Orbitz or TravelRepublic. What about big part of the Asian market? Agoda may be the perfect fit. So, by having a channel manager, you do not have to worry about overbookings and who will be closing the availability, the distribution is done simultaneously through the channel manager, and you receive all the bookings in one single place.
The following terms and benefits will offer you a more specific definition of channel management:
- two-way XML connections, with various distribution partners and system providers for seamless updates
- one central cockpit or cloud based application, with a single login for al sites
- simultaneously update of rates & availability online in one click
- increase the number of partner sites and therefore increase your visibility or maximizing online exposure
- increase revenue by driving more bookings
- reduce the risk of over-bookings
- reduce the time and cost it takes to update rooms
- reduce Manual Error – Maintain rate e plans to reduce manual interference during updates
- effective way to maintain rate parity through all sites
- all inventory is reduced across all sites when a booking is made from any site
- reduce Manual Error – maintain rate e plans to reduce manual interference during updates